Pomegranates are a well-known superfood, owing to their abundance of antioxidant polyphenols and high vitamin content.
It has been revealed that Omega-5 (Punicic Acid), a prime component of pomegranates, may be one of the main reasons why this fruit yields so many benefits for us.
Omega 5 Health Benefits for the Aging Brain
5 Quick Brain-Protective Benefits of Omega-5
Omega 5 or Punicic Acid is one of the strongest antioxidants available to us from nature.
When circulating the brain, it shows some very prominent health effects which could change the way medicine treats neurodegenerative diseases for good!
What Form of Omega 5 is the best?
Bigger is not better when it comes to Pomegranate Seed Oil, as Dr. Ruth Gabizon explains alongside her accurate research findings.
Pomegranates are comprised of between 70 and 90% Omega-5, but without scientific intervention, this compound will never reach the brain.
Many of the antioxidants inside pomegranate seed oil get used up instantly by the liver in the process of digestion. When ingested in a nano-form, the particles of pomegranate seed oil are much smaller and can disperse immediately into the bloodstream.
From the bloodstream, they can quickly pass through the blood-brain barrier and enter the brain, giving us the maximum anti-aging benefits as described above!
Yet, even with a nano-emulsion of pomegranate seed oil, it was shown the bigger is not better. A smaller amount of nano particles suffusing the brain had a far greater effect than consuming vast amounts did.
GranaGard is a novel product that was developed by Dr. Gabizon and her colleagues. It is currently one of a kind, offering nano-particles of pomegranate seed oil in the perfect quantities to protect the brain and optimize your overall health!
‘ https://granalix.com/ ‘
Other Pomegranate Benefits That Are Note-Worthy
Pomegranate seed oil is not only an excellent way to slow neurodegeneration, but it also has multiple other health benefits, such as:
- Rich in B Vitamins – Pomegranates contain high levels of several B Vitamins, which are required for optimal neural function, metabolism and to prevent us from stressing so much.
- Resveratrol – They are exceptional sources of the wonder compound Resveratrol, which protects us from UV-radiation, destroys cancer, burns fat, helps to regulate hormones and switches on genes linked to longevity.
- Promotes Nitric Oxide Production – The nutrients contained inside pomegranates promotes the production of Nitric Oxide (NO). NO is used for multiple cellular processes in the body, including the dilation of blood vessels and enhanced blood flow through the body. As a result of this, pomegranates will lower blood pressure and act as a natural aphrodisiac.
- Prevents Joint Pain – The polyphenols inside pomegranates work to reduce joint stiffness and pain, effectively helping those with arthritis.
- Keeps Your Gut Happy – Lastly, research suggests that pomegranates promote a healthy gut and provide a great environment for probiotic bacteria. This, in turn, will help you to absorb everything your body needs from your food efficiently.