Nobody is immune to the ill health effects of overexposure to mold, and it is far more common than some will like to think.
When conditions are ripe for them to flourish, they release by-products inside our bodies or into the environment that contribute towards promoting either life or decay.
For example, the probiotic bacteria in our guts release highly beneficial by-products that help our immune systems to function optimally.
In sharp contrast, mold is a substance that contributes toward decay, releasing by-products (Mycotoxins) that help it to decompose the environment so it can feed. Inside of us, mold growth translates to being exposed to toxic chemicals that contribute to an array of crippling health effects.
Pathogens have contributed in this way to the onset of diseases since the dawn of existence.
Usually, our immune systems help to keep the numbers of pathogenic organisms in check, such as molds and viruses.
However, the world is not the same place that we used to know 200 years ago.
Heavy metals in our environment, such as those used in fungicides, pesticides, industrial processes, paint, and cotton, have caused molds to mutate to protect themselves.
As a result, resistant strains of mold came into being, releasing highly toxic by-products that make us far more ill than ever before, beginning a process of rapid decay from the inside out.
On average, 25-28% of people are genetically predisposed to being more sensitive to Mycotoxins.
While anyone can come down with symptoms of overexposure, there is a very high risk for these individuals of developing a chronic lifestyle disorder as a result.
After reviewing brain scans of those who have chronic mycotoxin poisoning, it was revealed that their brains develop dents and holes, diminishing in size. This pathology is incredibly similar to those with full-blown alcoholism, brain trauma or severely progressed neurodegeneration.
This decomposing state of the brain leads to a whole host of symptoms including:
- Brain Fog
- Cognitive Impairment
- Disturbed Sleep
- Hormone Imbalances
- Intense Cravings
- Lipid Peroxidation
- Reduced Memory Ability
- Schizophrenic Symptoms
- Volatile Mood Swings
Other Common Side Effects of Mold Toxicity include:
- Abdominal Pain
- Heart Pulpatations
- Joint Pain
- Unusual Menstruation Cycles
What we can do is take precautions against it by boosting our immune function and eliminating as much as possible from out the body and the environment.
A leak, an air vent, the insides of your walls or ceilings, carpeting and even the barrel of your washing machine can contain mold.
One can usually smell or occasionally see a mold infestation, but if you suspect one otherwise, it’s better not to take chances and get your home evaluated.
If mold has been detected in your home after an assessment, you should take all necessary precautions to eliminate it from your environment.
Since dead mold is still covered in Mycotoxins, you may need to remove portions of your home and renovate.
Mycotoxins are often found circulating in the air of moldy environments and then find their way to coating all objects within their vicinity. It’s best to get rid of everything that they may have touched, particularly if you are feeling incredibly ill or are highly susceptible.
The below foods are examples which are usually highly contaminated with mycotoxins, especially when sprayed with chemicals:
- Peanuts Or Ground Nuts
*Certain of these foods such as almonds, walnuts, cashews, sesame seeds, coffee, and raw cacao beans all contain fantastic health benefits, which would confer enough protection against the effects of standard molds and mycotoxins.
Certain types of colorful corn are also exceptionally healthy, namely black/purple corn with lots of antioxidants in them.
Aside from these exceptions, the rest should be avoided for multiple health reasons aside from mycotoxin damage.
If any of these foods are sprayed with chemical pesticides, then one has a double problem with highly resistant mold strains as well as a heavy influx of heavy metals. Both mold toxins and heavy metals cause free radical damage in the body, contributing to the rapid decline.
Sprays also reduce the protective benefits of our food, all the while, mold reacts by becoming more resistant and emitting more mycotoxins.
It’s not difficult to see how toxic sprays and molds in foods will cause havoc inside of us if eaten together!
Cut down or remove sugar from your diet completely. It isn’t necessary to your survival, but it is necessary to the survival of pathogens.
Sugar is also not necessarily sweet at first glance. It comes in multiple different forms, such as starch, and is found in large quantities in processed foods from commercial crisps to ketchup.
Stevia Leaves are a great way to replace sugar without feeding molds. Stevia is a herb in the sage family and contains naturally fungicidal properties.
Sometimes it can be very hard to cut down on our sugar content too.
We crave sugar either to feed these organisms or to get a fix of Dopamine, that feel-good chemical in the brain.
Organic wild berries with a dark red, purple or blue color will all help to satisfy sugar cravings by naturally increasing Dopamine levels in the brain.
Oxygen therapy in which a patient is immersed in a mild hyperbaric oxygen chamber for 3hours of saturation, proved to destroy mold in the bodyImprovement of attention span and reaction time with hyperbaric oxygen treatment in patients with toxic injury due to mold exposure. Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy also proved to reverse cognitive impairment, brain fog and attenuated many other symptoms of mold toxicity and brain damage.
Exercise gets your heart rate going and encourages more oxygen to circulate the body, which discourages mold growth.
Swimming in the ocean or a salt water pool will also help for similar reasons.
Furthermore, when more oxygen is made available to the mitochondria in these manners, it kick-starts the body’s immune system into action. This allows for us to properly detox the body, which then allows for efficient elimination of toxins, including mycotoxins.
The following foods are a rich source of nutrients that help to counteract mold:
An extract of Chlorophyll was scientifically proven to reduce markers of aflatoxin (a mycotoxin) toxicity by 55%Chlorophyllin intervention reduces aflatoxin–DNA adducts in individuals at high risk for liver cancer!
The best forms of chlorophyll come from leafy green vegetables, such as kale, spinach, carrot tops and beet greens. These also contain a wealth of protective nutrients which promote optimal immune function and bodily elimination.
Since Chlorophyll is a plant’s foremost collector of sunlight, it makes sense that it would be one compound that can counteract mold as mold does not readily grow in the light!
Chlorella is a natural blue-green algae extract which contains an exceptionally vast amount of chlorophyll.
Enjoy several of these supplements a day alongside a spoon of olive oil or MCT oil in your coffee for maximum release of it’s benefits.
Multiple herbs and spices have these properties including clove, turmeric, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and garlic. Eating these foods raw in salads and other food will have more significant benefits than cooking with them.
Organic Oregano oil was shown to kill several hundred toxic fungi, virus, and bacterial organisms.
Using 2 drops diluted inside a gallon of water will create a powerful natural antibiotic. Never apply this oil directly onto skin or ingest it without dilution as it will burn you.
Organic Cranberries are fantastic for getting rid of yeast infections, which often come together with mold toxicity.
They do this by preventing these organisms from attaching onto the walls of the urinary tract, bladder and kidney walls. Cranberries in themselves also contain a wealth of antioxidants that help attenuate free radical damage.
The mitochondria need lots of sulfurous foods, such as organic cruciferous vegetables and free-range eggs to remain active.
They also benefit from a rainbow diet of antioxidant protection as found in brightly colored foods like blueberries, turmeric or beetroots.
Certain supplements such as glutathione can help your mitochondria greatly and for your liver to detox from mycotoxins.
Mycotoxins tend to get stuck in the liver and are unable to be detoxed. This puts a strain on the liver, which causes it to dump these toxins into fat where they cause further harm.
Traditionally, the mitochondria in the liver absorb orally ingested glutathione before it can reach any other part of the body. In the case of mold, mycotoxins accumulate first in the liver and primarily cause liver damage or cancer.
Having Glutathione in the case of mycotoxicity is a major advantage to help revive liver function and maintain mitochondrial detox.
The N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Vitamin C added to this supplement help to encourage the natural production of Glutathione in the body.
For a more potent detox of the whole body, consult with a mold-literate integrative practitioner and try to arrange a glutathione drip.
When glutathione directly enters the bloodstream in this manner, it moves around the whole body and helps to activate the mitochondria everywhere. You may as well also request intravenous Vitamin Bs and additional Vitamin C to help this process along!
References [ + ]